Web Mauritius: Social Media Trends
Instagram is the second largest social network after Facebook. However, its operation is quite different from this one. So here are some tips s to improve your audience on Instagram.
Publish more images on Instagram
The image is the very basis of the social network and it must therefore be worked accordingly.
Images published on Instagram must be of good quality. However, they do not have to be taken with a high-end camera. The quality of photos taken by smart phones is currently largely enough to provide beautiful shots for the web.
To get an interesting picture, here are some tips:
- Have a common thread. Determine the theme and tone to use on your Instagram account.
- Think of lighting when you take pictures and enjoy the natural daylight. Use few filters or lower their intensity.
- Think of the composition of the image and the framing. Do several tests and test several angles to get the best result.
- Do not overload the image! Concentrate on a point of interest or contrast. Let it breathe by not trying to occupy all the space.
- Publish regularly! If you lack imagination, here are more content ideas to animate your Instagram account
- Get a tripod to stabilize the photo taking.
- Practice a lot, publish little. Choose only the best photos.
- Make more videos!
Instagram is the master of hashtag. In any other social network, you will be advised to use them sparingly. On Instagram, no risk! You can add them without moderation. They will allow you to increase commitment on your publications and improve your reach.
The most popular hashtags at the moment are #cute, #beautiful, #tbt, #photooftheday, #instagood and #love. As you will have noticed, the world of hashtags is very influenced by English, even in Quebec. Do not hesitate to use hashtags in both French and English.
Also, try composing hashtags yourself. It’s simple, join words together.
Write your message and add the hashtags at the end of it. Choose some popular general hashtags, some hashtags specific to your products or your brand, some hashtags describing your image more accurately.
If you need more ideas, we have listed the tools to find the right hashtags.
Have a link strategy
The use of links is rather restricted on Instagram. The only place where you can indicate a clickable link is in your biography. The first option to get people to visit your site or content is to insert a link to it.
It is possible to go further with this strategy. When you publish a new photo and you want to indicate a link, write that it is in your biography like this at the end of your description with hashtags: “Link in bio”.
Obviously, you will have previously changed the link in the biography for the one you want to share.
The other option is to indicate the link directly in the description, even if the link will not be clickable. For this strategy to work, the link must be short, because users will have to copy it manually. The incentive to action must be strong in this case for this technique to work.
On social networks, a strategy with an influencer can reach many users and gain credibility with its subscribers.